Those who know me know I’m aaaall about the tea. I have an entire shelf in my kitchen completely devoted to tea, so naturally I was excited when I got my hands on some matcha powder. It’s full of antioxidants – a quick google search will tell you that matcha powder has more antioxidants in it than blueberries. Or spinach. Or dark chocolate. Need I say more? Pair it with some almond milk and it’s got “Heart Happy” written all over it.
These little lattes are great in the morning for a caffeinated pick-me-up. Matcha can taste fairly bitter, so feel free to add more sweetener to your liking. Forget coffee in the morning and make yourself one of these!
|Matcha Almond Milk Lattes|| |
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- ¾ cups boiling water
- ¾ cups almond milk, heated
- 1 tsp agave syrup, or more to taste
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Drop the matcha powder into a mug and pour about ⅛ cup of the boiling water over top. Mix the matcha powder thoroughly with a matcha wisk, breaking up the clumps. This may take some time but you definitely want to make sure the powder is mixed well.
- Add almond milk, agave syrup and the rest of the water and stir well.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.