A while back I posted my slow cooker pulled pork recipe that I swear by. I’m always excited to make it because it yields so much pulled pork that I usually have enough leftovers to make dinners all throughout the week (unless I’m feeding a crowd, in which case leftovers are usually nonexistent).
Pork goes so well with pears and apples, so I thought I’d try making a yummy pear salsa to slather onto some pulled pork tacos. They paired so well together! The salsa packs a quite a punch of spiciness, which compliments the sweetness of the pears, which compliments the sauciness of the pulled pork, which, well, you get it. It’s good.
Messy dinners are the best dinners. I’ve yet to find a classy way to eat a taco, but isn’t that the point? I don’t know if it can be considered a “good taco” unless you have juices running down your fingers and fallen bits on your plate by the end of it.
I love spiciness so naturally I added red pepper flakes to the salsa and also topped it with hot sauce. Beware, though, it’s HOT! If you’re sensitive to spice or prefer a more mild taste, omit the red pepper flakes.
- 3 cups pulled pork (1/2 cup per taco)
- 6 small tortillas
- 3 bosc pears, cored and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Make salsa: Combine pears, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, sugar and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir well and let sit for 5-10 minutes to let flavours combine.
- Serve pulled pork and salsa on tortillas, smother with hot sauce if you're daring, and serve.